Monday, March 20, 2023

* My 7th title published!!! * Celebrating International Forests Day

I have been working on this project on and off for a few years, and last year I finally got inspired again to finish it. It took some time but here it is! My new coloring book, "Traces on Leaves", a collection of different animals and leaves of the world, combined to create these images for everyone to enjoy coloring.  At the same time, I'm hoping to raise awareness about how important it is to take care of our forests and the animals that inhabit them. If we don't, all that will be left of them is just traces...



The idea came suddenly one day while I sketching, I wanted to create drawings of animals using mostly leaves. I decided to add the leaves and a bit of the landscape from their natural habitats. The species I chose are from 5 different continents (Asia, Africa, South America, Oceania, Northern Europe/North America - I fused these two -) and they are presented in the book in that order, with a little inspirational quote in-between continents.

A few sketches of the process:


Get it here!:



And remember to plant a tree whenever, wherever you can! I plan to do so as well :)

There are also browsers, add ons and apps that plant trees when you use them!

Remember, there are always little things we can do everyday to improve the future of our forests. Our choices matter and our food choices are crucial for our planet. Visit here to learn more: https://www.truthordrought.com/land-use-and-deforestation


Best wishes,


Alev



No comments:

Post a Comment