Friday, April 23, 2021

New Book Out for Earth Day!!! …≈•Rainforest Spirits•≈

Rainforest Spirits is a project that began many years ago as a simple series of illustrations. It had no story, nor any real purpose yet. It had been just sitting there in my portfolio for years until one day I sort of got a revelation, a way to connect the spirits with many of the art pieces I had already created. And so it was that the Rainforest Spirits coloring book and story idea was born. 

About a year ago, I started putting together the book in my precious creative moments, little by little taking old art and updating it, creating collages using different pieces, adding new art to complement the story and book, and finally connecting them all with a story that had been in the back of my mind since the very beginning, but never had found the way to express it in words until recently.

The whole process was very fulfilling and enjoyable, something like therapy and respite from my busy mom days. Before I knew it, I had created a whole book with a story, 30 coloring pages with all sorts of animals and nature from all over the world, and 6 full-color illustrations to complement it.


I truly hope that whoever colors and reads this book will feel the satisfaction and happiness I’ve felt through the whole creative process and will feel inspired to cherish and protect Nature, to heal our planet, and make this story come true in a not so far away future.


                    






A little look inside:







No comments:

Post a Comment